Have you ever wondered, What is a Mormon? The term “Mormon” is a nickname given to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or LDS Church. Mormons are individuals from many different cultures, countries and backgrounds that believe in Jesus Christ.
Three Basic Things to Know About Mormons:
- Mormons Believe in Jesus Christ.
- Mormons believe God has always revealed his will to his servants the prophets — men like Moses or Noah. In 1820, Mormons believe God called upon Joseph Smith to be a prophet and restore the true Church of Jesus Christ to the earth, the same Church Jesus established with his Apostles.
- Mormons believe families can be together forever because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. These sacred bonds are made possible in temples.
Three Things to Get You Started on This Site:
- Visit the Beliefs page to get an understanding of what Mormons believe.
- Visit the Book of Mormon page to get to learn what this book of scripture is about.
- Visit the Basic Mormon Beliefs blog for current discussion about basic Mormon beliefs and Christian topics.
Each year, tens of thousands of young men and women, as well as thousands of older couples, travel the world preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ as representatives of the LDS Church. You, or someone you know, may very well be visiting with the Mormon missionaries. Here are links to an overview of the lessons the missionaries teach:
- The Restoration of the Gospel
- The Plan of Salvation
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- The Commandments
- Laws and Ordinances
Click here if you are meeting with the Mormon missionaries.