Okay, so this list is starting out a little small, but I promise it will grow over time. Just so you don’t think Mormons are a bunch of crazies, here is a list of people that I refer to as “famous Mormons:”
- Donny and Marie Osmond—famous duo and successful vocalists.
- David Archuleta—American Idol star.
- Alex Boyé—musician and thespian
- Gladys Knight—famous Motown singer
- Stewart Petersen—actor. Starred in “Where the Red Fern Grows.”
- Stephanie Meyer—author of the Twilight series.
- Glenn Beck—political talk show host on radio and television.
- Mitt Romney—governor of Massachusetts and former U.S. presidential candidate.
- Orrin Hatch—Utah Senator.
- Sean Bradley—of NBA fame. He has played for the 76ers, New Jersey Nets, and Dallas Mavericks.
- Steve Young—successful quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers
- Dale Murphy—known for his major league baseball career with the Atlanta Braves
- Danny Ainge—known for playing in the NBA for the Phoenix Suns. President of the Boston Celtics.
- Brigham Young—second president of the Mormon Church. Helped colonize Utah and many notable cities in the western United States, and Canada and Mexico.
- J.W. Marriott—chairman and CEO of Marriott Hotels
Know of anyone else that’s a famous Mormon? Tell me about it.