Basic Mormon Beliefs
Welcome to Basic Mormon Beliefs. This site is intended to answer many questions people have about Mormons, to clarify Mormon teachings and to clear up any confusion as to what we believe.
I am a practicing member of the Mormon church, and throughout my years, I’ve discovered that often times people have big misconceptions of what we believe in. I created this website in hopes to answer many of those questions and to share my testimony of Jesus Christ.
What is a Mormon?
A Mormon is a nickname given to members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or LDS Church. Mormons come from many different cultures, countries and backgrounds.
Three Basic Things to Know About Mormons:
- Mormons Believe in Jesus Christ.
- Mormons believe God has called a prophet and 12 apostles to minister
to the earth for our time.
- Mormons believe families can be together forever because of the
Atonement of Jesus Christ.
Three Things to Get You Started on This Site:
- Visit the Beliefs page to get an understanding of what Mormons believe
- Visit the Book of Mormon page to get to learn what this book of scripture is about
- Visit the Basic Mormon Beliefs blog for current talk about basic Mormon beliefs and Christian topics.
Each year, tens of thousands of young men and women, as well as thousands of older couples, travel the world preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ as representatives of the LDS Church. You, or someone you know, may very well be visiting with the Mormon missionaries. Here are links to an overview of the lessons the missionaries teach.
- The Restoration of the Gospel
- The Plan of Salvation
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- The Commandments
- Laws and Ordinances